Wednesday, May 5, 2010

"Approaching The Horizon"

After living with my mother for 20 years, I'll finally begin my journey as an individual in August.
Looming on the horizon is something that both mesmerizes and terrifies me.

My life will change.

I will no longer be in my comfort zone. No longer will anyone be responsible for my but myself.

Sounds like freedom, huh?.... Didn't anyone ever tell you freedom isn't free?

I will become responsible for every action I take and word that passes my lips. It will be my job to find the money for gas to get me from pont A to point B. I can't buy those shoes today....I've got bills to pay.

Coffee, clothes, books, gas.....It will all begin to add up until I start feeling overwhelmed, like I'm suffocating, like I just want to run away....

There will be no arms to hold me when I cry, no loving mother to help me straighten out the mess I made.

This.....this is the freedom I stand to gain. On my own, broke, and worn down. The world will sneer and laugh at out it's shiny and convenient things have taken over my life....

Luckily for me, it doesn't have to be that way.

Of course I'll have bills to pay and gas money to scrounge up, and there's always the fatigue from staying up to late too many nights in a row to study. BUT, to keep me from making the wrong choices to keep me from make decisions that will lead me down that oh so obvious path of destruction and depression everyone on their own usually ends up making, I have a secret weapon...

Yeah, you guessed it, God. Simple as that.

Not only is He God, He's my Father, Provider, Healer, Savior, and my Redeemer. As long as I have Him by my side I'll never be alone, unhappy, or without. I may not end up rich, married or on a constant emotional high, but I'll be satisfied in Jesus Christ.

Take that world.

So, even if it is six hours from home.....

Bring it on Bible College.

No comments:

Post a Comment